Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DeNami October Featured Product - Cornstalks

Hi friends!

What do you think of when you see cornstalks? Corn mazes and pumpkin patches? The scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz ? (If so, check out DeNami's super cute new scarecrow stamp!) Pilgrims, Indians, and the first Thanksgiving? I think of my grandpa's garden patch. He's 95 and still tends his garden, which includes a little pumpkin patch for the great-grandkids to visit and pick out a pumpkin each year for Halloween.

Why, you ask, am I rambling about cornstalks? Well, the October Featured Product at the DeNami Blog is one of our newest stamps, J137 Cornstalks. When I first tried it out, I wasn't sure how I would use them. But I was pleasantly surprise to find myself using this pretty stamp on a lot of cards. The beautiful lines of the stamp are so fun to color, and make both a great centerpiece stamp and and elegant background stamp. I hope you'll discover the hidden beauty of this stamp along with me and the rest of the DeNami Design Team as we bring you October's Featured Product!



For this card, I used a few different harvest themed stamps from DeNami Design. I love love love using the Citrone glitter on both the pumpkins and the corn (sorry it doesn't show up too well on the scan, but just imagine all the golden sparkly goodness). I also used a ribbon ruffle technique. (Easy stuff: just use your favorite double-stick adhesive tape and pinch and pleat your ribbon as desired. Visit the DeNami YouTube page to see a similar technique.)


I hope you all enjoy the bountiful harvest of creative ideas!

Photobucket

Corn and Pumpkin Patch Card Supplies
DeNami Design Stamps: Give Thanks Circle, Cornstalks, Pumpkin Patch Border, Autumn Stamp set
Cardstocks: Brown Kraft, White, Chocolate Brown, Golden Tangerine
Vintage Sepia Versafine
Lime grosgrain ribbon
Sparklets Glitters: Citrone
Quickie Glue Pen
Paper Punches: 1½" Scallop Circle, 2" Scallop Circle
rounded corner punch
Markers: Lime, green, yellow, yellow-orange, orange

7 comments:

  1. I love how you added the green ruffled ribbon just under the cornstalks! The pumpkins are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beka. Super cute ruffled ribbon layer. Love the color combo and how you incorporated the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute! I love how you added the ruffled ribbon. What a fabulous idea! And your coloring is great too. The colors look so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you added the pumpkin border with the cornstalks! The coloring is fabulous and the perfect fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've said it before, but I seriously love this card. Simply adore how you did the pleated ribbon and you know I can't resist the Citrone glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the glittery pumpkins and they are such a fun border with the cornstalks! Great fall card :)

    ReplyDelete