Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Graduation Owl Cards

Hi all,

Earlier this month I made some cute (if I do say so myself) graduation cards for this month's Featured Product at DeNami Design. I didn't think I knew anyone graduating this year, but within the past two days I've gotten two announcements in the mail. Good thing we have all these great card ideas at the DeNami blog now!

I tried to make cards that would be good for guys as well, but it would be an easy thing to switch up the color scheme (funny though, both announcements I received were from girls!).

The first uses a bold striped paper with some simple layering.  I admit, the addition of ribbon, buttons, and glitter make it not as appropriate for a guy, but those could easily be left off. I'm sorry, I can't help it, I'm a compulsive card accessorizer.


The second card is a little more elegant, and even though it uses ribbon (no bow though!) and buttons, this time the accessories are a little more understated and a little less girly. I think.


So, congratulations to all the graduates out there, including a big shout-out to Allison M and Dani L! My oldest daughter is starting Kindergarten in the fall.  Time continues to fly by at a dizzying rate, and I'm sure she, too, will be graduating before I know it!

Photobucket



SUPPLIES - Blue & Green Striped Graduation Card
Stamps: A93 Teeny Swiss Dot, E128 Graduation Owl, F149 Small Congratulations, N119 Dot Border
Cardstock: White, Sky Blue, Iridescent Chocolate Satin, Iridescent Emerald Green
Striped patterned paper
Vintage Sepia Versafine
Essential Glue Pad
Quickie Glue Pen
Extra Fine Glitter
Aqua Boutique Buttons
Chocolate Brown Grosgrain ribbon (3/8-in width)
Markers: lime, aqua, pale yellow, tan

SUPPLIES - Golden Vines Graduation Card
Stamps: E128 Graduation Owl, I57 Congratulations Circle, M68 Large Double Circle, N128 Three Line Border
Cardstock: Black, Cream, Chocolate Brown
Leafy Vines paper 
Ink Pads: Vintage Sepia Versafine, Onyx Black Versafine
Espresso Boutique Buttons
Black Grosgrain ribbon (5/8-in width)
Markers: pale yellow, light brown, beige

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I love them both!
    I love how they are both SO different from each other. Definitely shows your versatility! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glitter dots on the first card, Beka! Such a fun additon! And I don't think that buttons are too girly. I'm addicted to using them, so I think EVERY card should have at least one button! :)

    ReplyDelete