Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rosevine Heart Card

Hi all,

My inner purple lover finally came in with this card! I kind of forgot how much I really do love the color purple, and haven't stamped with it much lately. There was something very satisfying about the rich, saturated royal purple cardstock I used, and the bright pop of contrast with the lime was an unusual but fun choice for me.

I only used one ink and two stamps on this card, which is pretty minimal for me. I usually like to mix and match my stamps -- variety is the spice of life. A few simple layers and touches of magenta glitter on the flowers and amethyst glitter on the scallop border stamp gave it some glam, and the buttons made the rosevine heart more interesting, I think. I like the contrast of an elegant stamp with some funky colors.



If you like this stamp, you've got to pop on over to the DeNami Blog, because it's the Featured Product of the month and there are lots of great card ideas for you to check out!









Photobucket

Rosevine Heart Card Supplies
DeNami Design stamps: K57 Small Scallop Border, P83 Rosevine Heart
Cardstock: White, Lime, royal purple
Inks: Imperial Purple Versafine
Essential Glue Pad
Quickie Glue Pen
Amethyst and Magenta Sparklets glitters
Lime and lavender buttons
Lime Polka Dot ribbon
Markers: orchid, magenta, chartreuse, green, pale blue

8 comments:

  1. I love the color combo you used! Very creative idea adding the buttons!! Pretty, pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for purple!! Love the addition of buttons. This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buttons are so cute on this!! Love the purple, turned out so cheerful and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THESE COLORS!!! They are great together. Such a pretty, bold card! Wonderful job ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beka I love the way you tipped your heart and your color combo is fantastic. Great job!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you could not have picked a better color scheme for this card! It looks absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute cards!!! I love all of your color schemes.

    ReplyDelete